Sunday, September 4, 2011

Different people!


"We are different people you and I", my mother often said. She didn't mean just our personalities she meant in every possible way. Being the daughter of a liberal  Mexican (to say the least)  was hard even when living in liberal California. My mother was a funny lady.  She would dress me the way she wanted to look, and my friends and friends mothers were not always pleased with my appearance they took offence in my low cut shirts tight fits and short beyond short shorts. But i wouldn't change it for the world. But now that i live in Conservative Texas i feel real different my mother in law who I'm staying with for the time being is Mexican American born and raised in California so you would assume we would see eye to eye on things but in fact she is conservative to the core she doesn't like my clothes. or attitude. i gotta find a way to live with different people from different parts of Mexico all Mexicans are not created equal. I'm looking for a neutral place without losing who i really am because I'm very very happy with who i was raised to be. But i really do not want to offend anybody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment